Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Groopdealz - The Process with Andrea {Bubblewrapp'd}

We are excited to have Andrea guest posting for us today!!  Visit Andrea's blog and shop you will be doing some creative financing to purchase one of each, I promise!!

Hi Scattergirls readers!
I'm Andrea. I blog over at Bubblewrapp'd {the blog}. And my shop is Bubblewrapp'd on Etsy.

This story begins as good stories do, with a large glass of vodka and cranberry juice...

I had my first Groopdealz deal run in June. It was a last minute opportunity, and I had no time to prepare, I just jumped on in.

I had set the limit to 65 orders, and 7 days to get all the orders shipped for them to make it in time for father's day.

My second Groopdealz deal ran July 6. I knew about this deal date for a couple months in advance.

I set the limit at 150 orders, and 2-4 weeks to ship out all orders.

 
Here's what I know.

{Preparation makes life so much easier.}

Make sure that you have more than enough supplies on hand. Whatever supplies you use to create, package, and ship your product, make sure that you have more than you *think* you'll need.


{Stuff takes longer than you think it will}

Life is unpredictable. Things come up. Know this in advance of working on your deal orders so that you spend less time being frustrated, and more time just accepting it, dealing with it, and getting back to work.


{Clean your house.}

If your house is a wreck before you start working on your orders, it's going to be a complete disaster by the time you ship out all your orders.

Start with a (semi) clean house, and it will just be (very) messy by the time you ship all your orders out, rather than a complete and total, embarrassing disaster.


{You need help.}

See above. Also, cooking still has to get done. Dishes have to be done. Laundry has to get done. Bills still have to be paid. Groceries need to be bought. Kids still need your love and attention.

You absolutely need help. Accept it.


{You will go on a roller coaster of emotions.}

I can't do this. What was I thinking? How am I ever going to be able to do this? I can do this! This is going to get done. I can't do this. I'm never going to make it. I think I might actually do this!

Most of the roller coaster of emotion happens in the final stretch of getting all the orders out.

You can do it. You will do it.

 
{Plan wisely.}

My second deal ran one day before my 5 year old had his tonsils out. Also, we had family coming to visit from Michigan during the last couple weeks that I had to ship out all of my orders.

I should have asked to reschedule my deal date honestly, but I thought these things would be "no big deal". That they wouldn't take away from the time I needed to get everything done.

Wrong.


{You will get orders.}

Your shop will. One of the beauties of Groopdealz is that they are sweet enough to link directly to your shop from your deal, which means your shop will have a large, new audience coming to check out, and purchase your stuff!

More orders on top of Groopdealz orders! Yippee! :) So you need to plan for that as well.

 
{Mistakes are inevitable.}

I shipped someone the wrong color block. I felt like a complete loser for making such a mistake, but it's fixable. I fixed it. It's done.

Mistakes happen. Fix it. Get over it.


{Know your limits}

Consider setting a limit on the amount of items you sell in your deal. I did on both of mine, and I am so glad that I did.

 
{Expect emails.}

People will email you throughout the time from when your deal ends until ??? All of the emails I have received were people asking when their item would ship.

Answer kindly.
{Enjoy the ride.}

It's exciting! Be thankful, grateful, and enjoy the whole experience as much as you can! People loved your stuff enough to buy it. A lot of it! Enjoy that!


2 comments:

We can't wait to hear from you!!