Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Traditions


Happy Thanksgiving to all the Scatter Girls! This week we want to know what sort of traditions do you have for Thanksgiving? We used to have Thanksgiving every year with two different families that we met through soccer. Both my Mom and Dad's family was located in Iowa and my sister and I went to year round school. Since we were on the track system we had just a few days off for Thanksgiving and it was much easier to stay in Colorado than to travel for Thanksgiving given the amount of time we had. The two soccer families we shared Thanksgiving with had similar situations so it made since that we would all spend Thanksgiving together. Each year we would rotate which family would host Thanksgiving. It was fun to have Thanksgiving with my friends and we continued this tradition until my sophomore year in college when all of the kids were located all around the country and it got to be too tough to get everyone together. This year will be my first year hosting Thanksgiving myself! My boyfriend and I will be hosting my family in Texas for Thanksgiving. 

What are you doing for Thanksgiving? What dishes do you HAVE to have on your table? What traditions do you carry out year after year? Link up with us and visit a few other blogs while you have the chance : ) 

Happy Thanksgiving! 


2 comments:

  1. What a fun idea for a linky party! I make shirts for my younger kids every year ... they always look cute in the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade every year. It's a tradition that can be carried out no matte where you live!

    I also wanted to let you know I have awarded you the "Versatile Blogger Award". Check out my blog for more details.

    ReplyDelete

We can't wait to hear from you!!