Monday, October 3, 2011

Blog Tip - Scrolling buttons in your sidebar

I have a nifty tip and HTML code for you to have scrolling buttons in your sidebar.  I know I love so many shops and I want to promote them, but space is limited on my blog.  So, I found a nifty way to keep the buttons, but in a smaller space.

Scrolling buttons

If you go to my blog Hoot Designs under "Fun Finds" and "Creative Connections" my buttons scroll.

Here's what you do:

Add this scroll code to your HTML box there you want the buttons to scroll

<center><div class="textwidget"><marquee direction="up" width="200" onmouseover="this.stop()" scrollamount="4" onmouseout="this.start()" height="400" align="center"> <center>

*the highlighted number 4 is the speed and you can change this number as you wish*
*the 200 and 400 number in the code are the height and width of the column and how much space it will fill in the sidebar*

Then under the code add the button codes you want to scroll under the code above, like this:

<center><div class="textwidget"><marquee direction="up" width="200" onmouseover="this.stop()" scrollamount="4" onmouseout="this.start()" height="400" align="center"> <center>


Add the center code like this <center> before and after your button codes so everything lines up all pretty.  Some buttons have this already before and after, if not, add it. 

Now your all set for scrolling buttons on your blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We can't wait to hear from you!!